Help for Chipmunk!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nupine, May 23, 2008.

1. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Ok. Yesterday evening I was walking my soon-to-be working goat, and I saw our stupidest cat ever chasing something in the leaves. I thought it was a snake, hopefully it will bite her nose off.:pBut then she pulled a chipmunk out and ran with it! Chipmunks are like one of my fav wild animals. So me and Stewey[goat] go after her. I put Stew in his pen. Put-Tat [dumb cat] goes under our back porch with the chipmunk. I see her. She puts it down. It is looks dead and is upside down. I throw some stones near it. [I can't crawl under the porch] It seem dead. So I go around to the other side of the porch. I see it breathing a little. So I take the handle end of a pooper-scooper and not-so-gently [the cat could grab it any second] pull it out. It is barely alive. It put it in a 9'' x 11" bird cage with some grass as bedding. He can only squirm a little, but is flat on his side, almost dead. I take ''Chippy'' in the house. I put a non-snagly rag on him for warmth. Amazingly, he lives through the night. But this morning he was very cold and weak. So, clueless, I put him on part of an egg carton so he doesn't fall through and put him in the incubator.[​IMG] After 15 minutes he was already moving a little and sitting right side up!! Yippee!!![​IMG]:bun I am at the library, so he is still in there. Will he be okay in the bator for about 4 or so hours? How long should I care for him? What should I feed him and how much? Water? I don't want to keep him as a pet of course, but I don't want to release him too early. I saved a cardinal a few months ago from the dumb cat, but I released it too early and she killed it. I hate that cat, she is going bye bye soon hopefully. I have no chipmunk experience, so could ya'll chipmunkers help me??
    Ashlyn

2. Nupine

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Anyone??

3. Nupine

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Oh, he died along time ago. MUST STOP TRYING TO SAVE CRITTERS.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by