Help for injured cat.

MakNat

Songster
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Ky
I know most of you are going to tell me to take him to the vet. But with recent loss of income we will be lucky to make the farm payment.
This stupid stray dog has been hanging around. We already had one cat killed, but wasn't really sure on who did it.
Dog was gone for awhile and nothing happened to the cats. Now its appeared again, I just caught it in the barn and my 6 month old cat is hurt.
Looks like it grabbed him around the hips. There is no blood, but the skin is torn and you can see muscle on side about the size of the end of you pinky.
The other the size of the whole thumb. The cat is walking, purring and eating. I fixed him up a nice clean place in one of the brooding cages.
I have alot of animal meds. I know, I know... I'm going to at least call my vet for advice.
Just wondering if anyone has had a similiar situation.

Just keep it clean so it doesnt get infected. Sounds like he got away before the dog really got to him. If you have animal meds then maybe ask your vet wat you have that is best to keep infection out of it.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Good! hope he has a quick recovery!

Poor kitty! Glad to hear he will be ok!
love.gif

I would say trap or shoot that darned stray dog!! Or Contact the animal control,

it could have rabies, or other illnesses that it could transfer to you or your pets!
somad.gif
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom