help for our BO baby

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by abcn123s, Mar 12, 2017.

1. abcn123s

abcn123s Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Southwest Colorado
    Long story.. will try to make brief. We picked up 2 BO babies and 2 GLW babies on Friday. Got them from our feed store who received them the day before from a hatchery. When we got home all started on chick crumble, electrolyte water and MHP. Both BO babies just wanted to sleep, wouldnt eat or drink much until my husband got home in the afternoon with the bottle of nutri-drench. Gave both BO's a drop and one instantly was more active. The other not so much. This BO baby was still sluggish mostly wanted to sleep and wasn't eating or drinking much. Yesterday, they were both more active but today the sleepy one is very lethargic again. She has had 4 doses of nutri-drench and tried to eat a hard boiled egg.. egg only put through the food processor. She is pooping better than yesterday. Not strictly runny today. I did end up putting some blue-kote on her tush as she looked like somehow she had been loosing the feathers.. saw the other BO pecking at her too. The other thing I didn't realize until today (that wasn't apparently normal) she is holding her wing feathers low and not high like our other 3 girls. So, I'm curious if I'm missing something or if this is a slow ride downhill.[​IMG]
    This is her stance most of the time while 1/2 of the time quietly peeping to herself.
    [​IMG]
    This is her heading back after a quick drink encouraged by me. She was out for maybe 2 minutes before turning around.

2. abcn123s

Feb 20, 2016
    Southwest Colorado

She passed away tonight [​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Oh so sad, [​IMG]

4. ChickenMammX4

ChickenMammX4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2015
    SW Ohio
    So sorry about your little one. I have 2 BO, they are the sweetest chickens.

5. abcn123s

Feb 20, 2016
    Southwest Colorado

Thank you, they are the sweetest girls! As a matter of fact we got 2 more on Monday[​IMG]

6. abcn123s

Feb 20, 2016
    Southwest Colorado
    Thank you! :hugs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by