HELP!? Found a dove in the barn, she has leg bands, can I lookup the owner?

happytraylz

Chirping
8 Years
May 25, 2011
Southern Maine
We have had this 'visitor' for a couple of days in our big horse barn-felt bad because it's so cold, so caught her and brought her inside. I then realized she has ID leg bands. I think she is a dove, although someone at the barn thought pigeon..
hu.gif
Does anyone know how to look them up? I had no luck searching online. Just want to give the owner a chance to get her back if wanted. Thanks!

Typically leg bands serve as ID for the owner to tell one bird from another, not identify the owner themselves. Perhaps a Craigslist post plus fliers at a couple local feed stores would help. Try to get the word out any way you can. Hopefully the owner will come forward.

Yes, that is a pigeon :) Can you post complete band numbers? You can contact the club the band was purchased from and they can give you the owners info :) Thanks for taking him in!

yes leg band with club and numbers . do help to find owners.

AU, NPA, and etc would be the national club , then they can tell who got the bands.

that birds looks more like a roller pigeon.

I tried to find clubs to help- but the band has no club ID.. If anyone knows a way to look it up it has- RUS 157 2008 Also a plain black removable band on the other leg. The club I contacted said if the bird breeder was a member it would have the club on it too.. argh..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom