Help found injured chicken think she has a tumor???

DayDaySpenSpen

Hatching
Mar 22, 2017
I found a stray injured young chicken and i cant tell if this is her crop or not. It looks very irregular.
[/IMG]

I think her foot is broken too she can't stand or walk. I've been feeding her scrambled eggs and water from a dropper. Any other advice.

Is it walking strange? Can you post a side view of the chick standing? It does look unusual for the chick of that age to have a bald spot there. If it's a tumor I'd recommend culling it (and if you can, turn it in to uc Davis for a biopsy since it was stranded)

I would if she stand up straight for more than a second. What is culling and is there nothing I can do if it is a tumor

Culling is letting the chick go. It's not easy to do for some people, but it could be what's best for the little thing. If it's this young wit a tumor of that size, it most likely won't make it. Especially with a broken foot. You can let nature run its course, or do it yourself. I'm sure there's a page on the site somewhere about how to cull your bird, but if you don't feel comfortable then just let it go on its own. Terribly sorry to have to say that though.it's just something that happens and it's unfortunate, but natural. :(

That looks like the birds crop to me, if I am looking in the right place. Do you have other birds? If so, keep this one away from them. ''Stray'' birds can be decease vectors.

X2
Like I said I can't tell from the pictures so it's pretty up for debate since I can't touch her myself.
About the foot though, what do you think is wrong with it? What is she doing?

Back
Top Bottom