Help found our chicken lethargic in yard

Jroc1228

Hatching
Jul 9, 2021
We found our chicken in the yard 3 days ago laying the grass and thought she was dead. When we picked her up she opened her eyes but she not able to stand. Brought her in and looked her over. There is no signs of being attacked. She cant sit up on her on. Later that evening she perked up and was able to to eat and drink on her own. Her poop was a greenish liquid. She was qble to sit up on her own so i put her back in her cage for the night. The next morning she was laying on her side with her eyes closed. She did the same thing as the day before. With a spurt of energy then she lays down because she cant stay sitting upright unless she has something on each side to hold her. She will eat and drink a little on her own but im having to give water with a syringe. I have 2 other chickens and they are fine.

Have you tried feeding her Orange Julius? My chicken kind of had the same thing, if you can't or didn't work. Reply, please.

Please explain how that will help other than the sugar boost?
It is a nutritious drink, it has raw eggs (calcium boost) banana (variety) orange juice, but be careful! Too much orange juice and banana will upset their stomach. But you do not have to. It helped my chicken, and it will maybe help yours.

Back
Top Bottom