HELP!!! Gender Please?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by barkbap, May 16, 2011.

1. barkbap

barkbap Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2011
    hey everyone just like a lot of other people here I am looking for a little help. do i have girls or guys? i'm pretty confident the light brahma and wyandotte are girls but the the other 3 mix breed i could use some help. mary ann, ginger and goldy all came from the same farm but have different parents. goldy is aprox 6 weeks mary ann and ginger are about 9 weeks. they were the same size but mary ann has gotten bigger in the last 2 weeks. mary ann seems to be the most dominant and ginger and goldy get picked on the most by the others, but ginger has no problem going toe to toe with mary ann once and a while. as well goldy sticks beside ginger like glue. ginger is also very sweet and seems to like humans.
    I believe goldy parents were a buff orpingon anf salmon fav. the others i have no idea but looking at mary ann i would say part cuckoo maran?
    the 3 of them have pinkish legs buts mary annes are a little bit more grey. here are some pics . thanks

ps any chance they are ee and will lay green eggs?

darin and bri

http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/ad60/barks11/chickens/

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. the barred mix looks rooish to me

3. barkbap

May 16, 2011
    Thanks for your input...anyone else?

4. barkbap

May 16, 2011
    Anyone? You Can Zoom In By Clicking On The Pics.

5. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    Quote:Mary Ann looks very rooish, all others look to be pullets. If you have some EE mixes, then yes a good chance you'll have colored eggs too.

6. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Light Brahma pullet
    Silver Laced Wyandotte pullet
    Goldy looks like and E.E pullet. Faverolles and Buff Orpingtons have single combs, her's appears to be pea?
    Ginger does have some roo like features with that comb/feathering/stance.
    Mary Ann is a rooster.

7. barkbap

May 16, 2011
    Can You Explain What Makes Her Look Rooish More So Than Ginger?, Im Just Learning And Am Having A Hard Time Figuring It Out. Lol Thanks

8. acrossthebranch

acrossthebranch Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2010
    South Ga
    My guess is that Mary Ann is the only rooster, but Ginger is questionable.

Your lab is gorgeous.

9. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Quote:Ginger has a bit more of a developed comb. I understand she/he is older, but it looks questionable.
    Also, hens have smoother coloring. If you look at Goldy her colors flow into each other, while Ginger has more pop.
    The tail of Ginger also seems to curve at the ends with black. It isn’t uncommon for E.E pullets to have masculine tails, but still questionable.
    The legs are thicker, and while standing next to Goldy there appears to be a more dominate stance.
    I do not see any possitive things saying rooster...just the back of my mind. Hopefully, I am wrong.

10. barkbap

May 16, 2011
    Thanks For The Responses, So You Are All Saying 95% That Mary Ann Is A Man! And Ginger Is 50/50. I Appreciate Your Comments.

Abby Says, " Thank You Ashlee" She Is Also Very Sweet!

D&b

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by