Help getting my babies to hatch date and they are dying just before internal pip.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by croach510, Mar 27, 2012.

1. croach510

croach510 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2012
    Quinton, Va
    I need some help. My babies are getting to the internal pip stages but are dying before the actually internally pip. Have opened them up. The eggs have drawndown, babies are in postition and most of the egg sac has been absorbed. Have had 2 hatchs do this. One of my problems is im not sure of the actual hatch date. My brody hen after sitting on one nest for around 5 days decided she wanted to nest jump. Would move to a nest that had eggs in it and abandon the one she had been on. I took the eggs that she abandoned and put them in the bator. I tried to estimate there hatch date based on the info I had. So I actually had to different hatch dates. I wondering if opening and closing the bator to turn the other eggs caused this to happen. Does the humdity going up and down matter that much? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I currently have 3 eggs in the bator now and I thnk they are due on the 31st.....

2. okmike

okmike New Egg

Feb 26, 2012
    I have not had this problem.. Although humidity plays a big part in incubation. Maybe you could ask over at the incubating and hatching egg part of the forum.. or maybe emergencies / disease s area... Good luck

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. croach510

croach510 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2012
    Quinton, Va
    Thanks, been reading the threads to find some answeres, finally decided to join and ask point blank questions.

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. The humidity going up and down does affect the hatch. If you have to open the bator, it is best to do it in a warm, moist room. :thumbsup

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Great advice given [​IMG]

7. Roosten95

Roosten95 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2012
    Hey i need some help! . . . . I have a rooster that has trouble walkng i have had him sine he was abt 3 months old. Hes abt 6 to7 months now. i water and give him chicken scratch but lately he trys to walk but his legs look wobaly nd he just sitts down were ever he is at. .he may have gootn into some laying feed wuld that be the cause ??

8. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    I would post these questions in the Emergencies, Disease, Illness and Cures section for the best results.

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by