help...goopy eye and not wanting to walk much...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kristip, Aug 6, 2013.

1. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    ok need someone to help me with reminders... so had one chicken that had a bad foot and appeared to break its leg and I could not get it set good and she gimped for a little bit but last two days would not get up. Carol helped me cull her.
    Now one of my April 1 teenagers is not wanting to stand up much. Walks for a little and goes down to rest... I am worried. Better to treat all at this point or just one? I have Duramycin on hand... how much do i use in a two gallon waterer and for how long. Is egg toss two or three weeks?

we will be at state fair all day tomorrow so want to fix this tonight since we wont be back until dinner tomorrow. Yikes....I just hit panick. Never had an issue before. In 4 years we only lost 2 birds to coons and one to heat last summer. help friends!

just double checked her and one eye is a little goopy...

2. AbbyTravers

AbbyTravers Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2013
    Does her goopy eye seem pussy?

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Duramycin-10 is 1 TB per 2 gallons or 1/2 TB per gallon of water to give 400mg dosage. Treatment is 7-14 days.

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I have read egg withdrawal is 21 days.

5. AbbyTravers

AbbyTravers Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2013
    If her eyes is pussy than she might have conjunctivitis it is a respiratory problem. I do have some info on that but some of it might not be good. Hope see doesn't have it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by