help: goose's back feathers damaged

Skytopz

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 24, 2013
New Hampshire
My goose's back feathers are very disheveled and seem to have been chewed on I can't tell if she's doing it to herself or if one of the other gooses is doing it to her. my gander did just start Mating with both of my females could that be the cause? only one of the two females has feathers like this. any help would be great I can tell it's bothering her she keeps trying to Preen them

My goose's back feathers are very disheveled and seem to have been chewed on I can't tell if she's doing it to herself or if one of the other gooses is doing it to her. my gander did just start Mating with both of my females could that be the cause? only one of the two females has feathers like this. any help would be great I can tell it's bothering her she keeps trying to Preen them
Most likely damage from the gander not intentionally but from using his feet to hold one while mating. you might want to just keep an eye on things with breeding season starting up everyone gets grumpy especially the ganders but sometimes the girls can have a go at each other too.

Welcome to BYC.

Thank you for the advice :) i will watch everyone to make sure they behave. So far no problems with grumpy ganders, hopefully it stays that way!

Thank you for the advice
smile.png
i will watch everyone to make sure they behave. So far no problems with grumpy ganders, hopefully it stays that way!

Forgot to say how pretty they are in your Avatar, would love to see more.

Back
Top Bottom