HELP! Gosling keeps being wobbly, weak and laying down a lot, sometimes on back.

hhill1970

Songster
9 Years
Sep 8, 2013
She had a foot deformity at hatching, I was told by her breeder. Then, she was doing fine. I picked her up, and she was doing okay until about two weeks after arrival. Thought maybe she had niacin deficiency, as TS employee could only find a multi flock feed. I went back to same TS, and I and able to get the Purina Duck feed. She then perked up and has been doing well, until today.
Although the other half said he gave them the Prod.Pride scratch grains in with the duck feed.
I have another gosling in with her, and that one has been doing well the entire time, and she was also bought from the same breeder, brought home at the same time, and has had no issues whatsoever.
Does anyone know what else this could be? Do you think that it could be niacin deficiency, and she just consumed more of the scratch feed instead of the duck feed? Worried about her. She was literally flat on her back.... :(

Thanks! I actually posted another post ,as I didn't know if this one had been actually posted. My battery died. But, happy to report that she's doing fine now! The other post had a lot of great feedback. 😊

Back
Top Bottom