Preschool Teacher

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2018
Hi I'm Dee and new here and see so many people helping each other. I'm a preschool teacher and we hatch ducks and Call ducks each year while teaching the preschoolers about the life cycles. It's our favorite time of year and most stressful for me too. I currently have 18 Call ducks in my Brines incubator. I have had them at 99.5 and Humidity at 50%. Today is day 25 and I'm in lock down and have Humidity at 80%. These are shipped eggs and have saddle air sacks. It's been 12 hours since the first external pip and no other movement. I'm worried they will need help and don't want to wait to long but also don't want to be impatient and try to soon. Does anyone have more experience at this and can help with some advice? Thank you

Hi I'm Dee and new here and see so many people helping each other. I'm a preschool teacher and we hatch ducks and Call ducks each year while teaching the preschoolers about the life cycles. It's our favorite time of year and most stressful for me too. I currently have 18 Call ducks in my Brines incubator. I have had them at 99.5 and Humidity at 50%. Today is day 25 and I'm in lock down and have Humidity at 80%. These are shipped eggs and have saddle air sacks. It's been 12 hours since the first external pip and no other movement. I'm worried they will need help and don't want to wait to long but also don't want to be impatient and try to soon. Does anyone have more experience at this and can help with some advice? Thank you
:jumpy :welcome :jumpy

Unfortunately I have never incubated eggs so I'm not exactly sure how to help but I wanted to welcome you to our flock and assure you that someone will give you a useful answer very soon. The people here are amazing. :frow :welcome

Back
Top Bottom