Help have two different hatch dates :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Zgoatlady, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Zgoatlady

Zgoatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop
    Ok I know your not supose to have two different hatch dates in a LG forced air and has a egg turner also. But it was a emer. so I do...
    Had to get my eggs from a friends incubator hers wassnt keep the temps down. So I have 8 that will hatch on the 1st if they didnt die with the heat up to 102. The next batch are new I set them on Sat.
    So what do I do with the humidity, its at 47 on one thing and 28 on the other one. Need to know how to calubrate them also.
    Can you take the turner apart and remove some of them? So the 8 wont be turning the last three days?
    As you can see Im new to this and was throwen into it.
    They are also BC Marans if that make's any difference.

2. eestep8

eestep8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I am pretty sure you can take the trays out. That was my plan since I also had to add some eggs. I figure if I can take some of the trays out I will leave it plugged in until the first chick hatches then unplug it till I take the chicks out. I figure a day or two of not turning wouldn't mess them up to badly. As for the humidity, I am just gonna go ahead and raise it and then try to drop it quickly when I take the chicks out.

3. Zgoatlady

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop
    Thank you for your info, what does everyone else think I should do? Im worried with the humidity high I will kill all the other eggs.. Also is it to high now at 46?

4. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    I have two hatch dates too? I didn't know you couldn't.

I have some pipping right now with the others due in 4 days.

What should I do? Take them out and stick them under my broody?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread....maybe I should make my own [​IMG]

5. Zgoatlady

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop
    Dont worry its ok, we both need to know. Maybe it will be ok. Seems like your doing good.
    cheri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by