Help hazel she isn't a ordinary duck lol please pray for her....she is my baby my best friend

Misty11

Hatching
Mar 28, 2018
Please help me with my baby!!!!I have had hazel for 10 months ....she was as little as my palm... She starting to put anything and everything in her mouth...example like coins plastic wood ect ( anything)..I know why cause I have helped her to get it out...she will gag and throw throw up...now she has something in her throat and gagging... I've had cleaned water and food close to her and let her be in the bath with plenty of water..when she tried to get out of tub and couldn't..I helped her as she was weak and couldn't stand on side of tub like she usallly does to drip off..I put her in floor she took few steps and fell forward on her face and chest a few times..she is eating drinking fine but still gagging..what can be done or will she get it our her self???

Please help me with my baby!!!!I have had hazel for 10 months ....she was as little as my palm... She starting to put anything and everything in her mouth...example like coins plastic wood ect ( anything)..I know why cause I have helped her to get it out...she will gag and throw throw up...now she has something in her throat and gagging... I've had cleaned water and food close to her and let her be in the bath with plenty of water..when she tried to get out of tub and couldn't..I helped her as she was weak and couldn't stand on side of tub like she usallly does to drip off..I put her in floor she took few steps and fell forward on her face and chest a few times..she is eating drinking fine but still gagging..what can be done or will she get it our her self???
I would take her to a vet ASAP... and get her secured away from anything she can eat that isn't food...
I would take her to a vet ASAP... and get her secured away from anything she can eat that isn't food...

If ducks ingest metal they can go downhill fast and die from hardware disease... a vet can xray and determine what and where the object is and give options to get it out... none of us can do that...

Yes...thank you and she's has improved a lot..she seems like she got it out...she walking aroun
If ducks ingest metal they can go downhill fast and die from hardware disease... a vet can xray and determine what and where the object is and give options to get it out... none of us can do that...

As stated by Miss Lydia and others, ducks and ducklings pick up anything and everything and they will try to eat it. I’ve spent so much time picking things up that don’t seem dangerous but I’m happy to as it’s not worth the risk. Always supply grit as well to aid digestion and keep her gizzard healthy.

I think it's birth...she's having eggs now...she doesn't have a mate so I'm trying to read up on symptoms...thank you all

Back
Top Bottom