HELP HELP HELP - DUCK EGGS

jeslynrain

Hatching
May 20, 2016
Hello! Okay so, I am incubating four baby duck eggs that I got from a local hatchery. They are on day 12, and one has a black square in the middle of the egg that looks like blood when candling. Also the egg sort of smells really bad. Did the egg die? Or is this normal? Thanks!

Hello! Okay so, I am incubating four baby duck eggs that I got from a local hatchery. They are on day 12, and one has a black square in the middle of the egg that looks like blood when candling. Also the egg sort of smells really bad. Did the egg die? Or is this normal? Thanks!

:welcome! It sounds like it died :( Any bad smell is never a good sign, and if the veins disintegrated that means it definitely quit, sorry. Do you have a picture of what you're seeing?

Last edited:
This is my first time hatching duck eggs and it looks like it's still developing but I'm not sure. Here is a picture but I will send some more.

Can you take a picture of it while you're candling? That'll be the best way to tell, but egg discoloration is never a good sign :(

Back
Top Bottom