HELP HELP HELP I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!:weee produces

mrsherman

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 9, 2008
Michigan
I came home from work and see one of my chicks hatched and other's are peeping...it look's like it's still in half of the egg shell and it's chirping up a storm..it's in the bator and it's 99 in there OMG my heart is beating so fast..do i leave it in there?? can it breath?? OMG someone help me!!

Ok I am done Freaking out ..for now..she i will call her a girl for now..chirps ALOUT is that normal?? also what if she is the only one out and dry do i move just her?? ALSO she is jumping around alout and bumping the other peeping eggs is that ok??
Sorry folk's new mommy here

Last edited:
Don't open the lid...you'll run the risk of ruining the rest of your hatch. Just sit on your hands. They can stay in the hatcher for a couple of days before they need to eat or drink. Make sure you have some of the vent holes uncovered if you're worried about it breathing. It'll be fine in there.

from what I've seen, you should just leave it and let it take care of things himself. The only time I "help" is when the membrane dries and "glues" the chick to the shell. Then you can loosely wrap it in a damp cloth or drip a few drops of warm water on the dried parts. Do not try to pull the shell off, as there may be parts of the chick still attached (kind of like an umbilical cord)

Your chick is fine in the incubator...this is what ruins hatches by opening and pulling chicks out too early..they rest, learn to breathe on their own and finish absorbing the yolk sac...They can stay in there without any problems, just like Katy says....

Back
Top Bottom