HELP HELP HELP!!!! MY baby chick may have a sprained leg need HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by arnr1530, Dec 9, 2013.

1. arnr1530

arnr1530 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    North Carolina
    About 6 wks ago i got 8 chickens 4 were 6wks when i got them 3 were 4 wks and there was a tiny baby only 2 days old all alone in the corner and i couldnt help but want to bring her home and make her life better she looked so unhappy so we brought her home she was doing great even through the chickens that were bigger then her she always wanted to be with them and they were taking such good care of her!!!
    WEll this morning i went down to the brooder and everything was just fine she was great gave them some water and food and they are crazy when i feed and water them they act like i never have before lol well i went back upstairs then came back down to check on them and do some laundry and she was laying trapped under the waterer that got knocked over screaming her little head off and getting stomped on i rushed to her, grabbed her out wrapped her in a towel started giving her water she drank it right up no problems still been giving her some every 15 min and she had some bites of some oatmeal she loves it :)

BUT HERES THE PROBLEM im a crying mess i know some people will say im being dumb cause i am so upset those people please keep opinion to yourself but i need help she doesnt wanna stand i have her in front of a heater still warpped up i thought her leg was broken but idk she just seems so weak and doesnt wanna do anything but lay and sleep please help idk what to do for her and i dont want her to die :(

Update: 9:43 she is drinking a whole lot of sugar water she is very thirsty doesnt wanna stand on her leg almost like its sprained not broken cause she will still stretch it out just wont put weight on it idk how to fix t or make it better? please help!!!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  2. ampho

ampho Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2013
    Northern NJ
    No expert, new to chickens too, but she might just be traumatized, I have had birds that have flown into the window lay still for an hour or two and then suddenly perk up and fly away! Maybe just a little time! Good luck!

3. arnr1530

arnr1530 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    North Carolina

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by