HELP HELP HELP YELLOW BUBBLE ON MY BABY CHICKS THIGH

Hani Sharaf

Hatching
Aug 15, 2021
I recently bought an easter egger, ive had her for about 6 days now, shes about 1 week old, But something started happening and i need HEELP please. I noticed she was limping and i thought it was bumble foot, but it wasnt because when i went to go spray an antibiotic on my chick and i put her upside down and looked at her thigh and it was swollen with yellow bubbled on the thigh and she has been limping for about 3 days and when i touched it, it was bubbly and it hurt her. I dont know what caused this, I know now where the pain is coming from, she has been eating and drinking fine and interacting with the other 2 chicks, and she sleeps just fine in the tub of wood chips. but i dont know how to treat it someone HELP please.
46EBB905-2039-4AEA-9D24-E02D2E51AAF7.jpeg

Last edited:
Would it be possible to get a picture of the cut specifically? Also, if it is infected, I've heard of Baytril as an antibiotic. It's oral so you would use a dropper. Maybe go to the pet store and try to find even just bird antibiotic if it says it's safe for poultry. Just a disclaimer, I have never needed to use it, so I'm no expert. TwitchnChickens was right; neosporin or just store brand neosporin is a great idea to help out an infection.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help! I hope it goes well for you!

Back
Top Bottom