help help plz m girl has been attiact

Discussion in 'Quail' started by debbiefoxy, Feb 16, 2014.

1. debbiefoxy

debbiefoxy Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2013
    ashford kent
    morning
    can down stairs blue sky sun shine let m quails out
    IN MY HORRIE MY GOLDEN QUAIL HAD HALF A HEAD MISSIN ALL COVER IN BLOOD STILL ALIVE
    THE HEAD IS OK BUT HAS ALOT OF BLOOD ALL OVER FEATHERS GONE

WHAT CAN I DO PLZ HELP
    I WASH HER GIVE WATER SMALL DROPS PUT HER IN A BOX IN THE SUN SHINE WE WITH TALKIN AND CHECKING HER
    MANY THANKS DEBBIE

2. GD91

GD91 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2013
    UK
    Are you sure she's a "she"?

First off, you need to clean the wound & apply some antiseptic cream, preferably for animals.

Keep her warm & separated from the others, but make sure she can move away from the heat if she needs to.

If you search you will find this has happened before & is normally done by fighting between 2 males.

Hopefully, someone else will be along to advise you better soon, I'm relatively new to quail I'm afraid [​IMG]

And a word: If this injury was done by a cat then you must hurry & get the bird to the vet for antibiotics because a cats mouth & claws carry bacteria which almost always kills prey in 2 days.

3. debbiefoxy

Nov 24, 2013
    ashford kent
    hello
    thank you for takein the time on a Sunday too help it's so werid she has the colour of a boy
    but she is a girl
    I've gone all what u have said
    she still with us the head has dry up my friend said give cat food mite help
    good in vitamins

4. dc3085

dc3085 Chillin' With My Peeps

Golden Manchurian hens don't have black chest spotting.

Separate it from the others keep it warm with a heat lamp or such and clean the wound with antibiotic ointment. Make sure there is no painkiller in the antibiotic. They're tougher than you could imagine.

5. GD91

GD91 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2013
    UK
    How is she?

I know how hard it can be, I had to deal with one of my birds when she suffered a cat injury. Sadly she died 3 days ago, right after she popped out her first egg.

I've now got her other half indoors since he is all alone (These are Jumbo coturnix) because I only had 2 males & 2 females originally. He's very sweet & becoming very tame, although he hid behind the cooker when guests were here yesterday. [​IMG] And he loves lying in front of the fire [​IMG] & tells me if a chicken has wandered in; he will stand up & glare at the offending chicken & make a growling noise [​IMG]he doesn't stop until I come to see whats going on & shoo it out.

They are funny endearing little birds.

6. debbiefoxy

Nov 24, 2013
    ashford kent
    she still alive aday five I'm
    feedin her and telling her the water there and push her bum up her head gos down and
    she drinks fr a egg cup
    cat found I put in her month she eats that
    but
    SHE stil not eatting by her self she did walk forwards yeserday
    her eyes are workin
    what else can I do
    ps I can input pic of her
    I feel safe that she doing ok but she not doing it i am
    many thanks
    Debbie
    any help

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by