HELP! Hen HATER: Waukesha WI

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by No nuggets here, May 16, 2013.

1. No nuggets here

No nuggets here Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Does anyone have info on the number of hens allowed in Waukesha Co just for clarification purposes? Madison and Milwaukee have different rules. My neighbor a few blocks away has eight hens. Neighbor negative Nelly likes to casually throw around that she has a cop in the family when briefly conversing, GEEZ! I'm so tired of trying to be friendly to someone so nasty. What more can you do as a neighbor? Creating a sense of community is not working here....well at least with this one.....others think my hens are awesome btw. I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing here.Your advice is much appreciated everyone. Thanks!

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. No nuggets here

May 14, 2013
    Wisconsin
    oops *10am-12pm*

3. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

I am sorry to hear about your troubles. Unfortunately the world is filled with spiteful people. All you really can do is make 100% sure that you are within the law and the neighbor can squawk like a rattled guinea all day til the moon falls down for all the good it will do her. It doesn't really sound like she's going to be reasonable. You've tried talking to her and giving her eggs. That's all you really can do. Some people can't be reasoned with. :hugs

4. No nuggets here

May 14, 2013
    Wisconsin
  5. sarahswank

sarahswank Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2013
    Garden City, Kansas
    there is no limit on chickens within your city. The section that deals with birds is 11.24 of your city ordinance. The only thing your neighbor has that COULD get you in trouble is a noise complaint. I posted the section of the code that matters for that.

12.05 Public Nuisances Affecting Peace and Safety Defined
    (11) The keeping or harboring of any animal or fowl which by frequent or
    habitual howling, yelping, barking, crowing or making of other noises
    shall greatly annoy or disturb a neighborhood or any considerable number
    of persons within the City.

6. annewandering

annewandering Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2013
    Idaho
    Sounds like one person can not cause you trouble enough to force you to get rid of your chickens. This is pretty smart because they realize some people are just mean minded complainers.

7. No nuggets here

May 14, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the feedback! We have a dog in the neighborhood thats quite loud daily....doubt my vocal hen in the garage would be of any disturbance. Thanks again!

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  8. denimandlace69

denimandlace69 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2013
    How are things going with the hen hater?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by