Help! Hen losing weight very quickly!

Ducclelover10

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 14, 2013
My Orpington has lot a ton of weight in the past few days! She used to weigh 7 pounds now she's down to just over 5 pounds! What could be wrong with her??? I need help fast because I think my other hens might be starting to act like that too! Help! She is also very energetic so I don't know what that means. She looks like she's eating a little. But not very much.

I'm not sure what to make of it either. Other animals sometimes get worms that eat all their food from the inside of their stomach, but I don't know if chickens can get worms... Check around the vents of your chickens for lice or mites too.
fl.gif

I'm not sure what to make of it either. Other animals sometimes get worms that eat all their food from the inside of their stomach, but I don't know if chickens can get worms... Check around the vents of your chickens for lice or mites too.
fl.gif

I did that the other day, but I guess I'll check again. The thing is we jut wormed them at the beginning of this year so it would be weird for her to have worms. Thanks.

I don't think you'll see any signs of worms at the vent. do you have pics of her vent?

Oh, I just realized that you said you weren't sure if chickens could get worm, so you wouldn't know where to find worms. Anyway my friend's chickens have had worms so they can get worms.

Skinniness I guess. I've never had worm problems. Can you try to explain what the vent look like?
Does it look anything like this?

I'm sorry. All I can see is a chicken's wet butt. Anyway her vent looked normal except their was a little skinny, tiny, grey thing on it.

Back
Top Bottom