Help! Hen losing weight very quickly!

Ducclelover10

Crowing
7 Years
Jan 14, 2013
Rubbing my chin hairs..
My Orpington has lot a ton of weight in the past few days! She used to weigh 7 pounds now she's down to just over 5 pounds! What could be wrong with her??? I need help fast because I think my other hens might be starting to act like that too! Help! She is also very energetic so I don't know what that means. She looks like she's eating a little. But not very much.

Mr MKK FARMS

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Sep 27, 2012
I'm not sure what to make of it either. Other animals sometimes get worms that eat all their food from the inside of their stomach, but I don't know if chickens can get worms... Check around the vents of your chickens for lice or mites too.
fl.gif

Ducclelover10

Crowing
7 Years
Jan 14, 2013
Rubbing my chin hairs..
I'm not sure what to make of it either. Other animals sometimes get worms that eat all their food from the inside of their stomach, but I don't know if chickens can get worms... Check around the vents of your chickens for lice or mites too.
fl.gif

I did that the other day, but I guess I'll check again. The thing is we jut wormed them at the beginning of this year so it would be weird for her to have worms. Thanks.

Top Bottom