Help, Hen with swollen eye

Raysal

Songster
Sep 2, 2020
Dallas TX
I checked on my miniature hen today and her eye was swollen and her other eye is staring to get like that. What do i do?
20210810_102312.jpg
20210810_102315.jpg
20210810_102324.jpg

What happened to her? Did other birds peck her? Has there been any fowl pox going around in your flock? Pox is a virus carried by mosquitoes, and it causes scabs around the comb, face, and wattles. I would flush her eyes with saline eye wash, and apply a bit of Terramycin eye ointment to her eyes twice a day. Is she separated? If that is not able, get plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment or Vetericyn eye gel.

What happened to her? Did other birds peck her? Has there been any fowl pox going around in your flock? Pox is a virus carried by mosquitoes, and it causes scabs around the comb, face, and wattles. I would flush her eyes with saline eye wash, and apply a bit of Terramycin eye ointment to her eyes twice a day. Is she separated? If that is not able, get plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment or Vetericyn eye gel.
I had a hen that had bubbles in her eye and it shut and someone told me to put teramicin but i thought it was minor problem only one hen but this hen had something similar but worse so im thinking its some kind of infection but idk what. You can look at my other post about my hens eye who was shut maybe you know what it might be, maybe an infection that passes. I put some teramicin in her eye and i seperated her because she cant see no more

Back
Top Bottom