Help holidays have ruined egg production!!!!!!!!

-Mr.HenryRooster

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 27, 2010
Ok here is the deal me and the fam went to my fathers for the holidays and for the week we were gone i had to put my rir breeding stock in with about 25 other chickens in the main garden becasue the main garden has auto feeders and water despencers that would take care of them while we would be away. The rir were laying and egg a day in there nice cozy coop of there own but when we got back after a week of holiday vacation i put the rir back into there cozy condo they wont lay . Now i know they probly went threw some stress being thrown in with the other gals and not haveing there graps brought to them and treat.Back to the question: i Know they will lay again But how long tell they get back into the swing of things? they have been back in there own coop for 3 day?

Well, I'm no expert, but I'm sure you definitely have some stress going on! Never a good thing to throw new chickens into an existing flock. I'd expect you should allow at least 2-3 weeks before they're back to normal, but hopefully others here have more advice on this.

gail

Yeap i didnt want to put them in with the other flock but had to i dont know it makes a difference but they grew up with all the chickens in the garden untell they stared laying... thank you for you reply:)

Back
Top Bottom