HELP how can i get my stomach to stop hurting from all the stress

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by zazouse, Sep 12, 2011.

1. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    My best friend/hubby got really ill last week and ended up in the hospital 130 miles from home.
    I have 100s of animals to care for here on the farm and am having to go back and forth from the hospital in big city traffic and all this is keeping my stomach in a knot, i am unable to sleep long enough to get any real rest and it is all i can do to get soft foods down as i just can not eat and i don't need to loose any more weight my pants are starting to sag and i am gonna need some suspenders pretty soon to keep um up.

I don't know what to do to get myself to relax and just go with it.
    If i am home, i can't stand the empty house and i can't drive at night so i have to wait to go back the next morning and my stomach hurts my hands and feet seat the entire trip back.

I don't know how much longer i can do this without making myself so sick that i will be unable to function at any level .

Please if you have been threw something like this how did you deal with it all ?

I have left what been going on in Gods hands and that gives me comfort that my Hubby will be fine but so far i am not getting any guidance from him and if he is sending me a message i don't get it yet.

What is really strange is i had all the stomach pains 4 entire days before my hubby got sick because i kept feeling like something bad was going to happen to him and found myself in a panic before anything happens , i even told him and my daughter what i was feeling in hopes that nothing would come of it but it did happen and we almost lost him , he is still not out of the woods but mabe tomorrow will be better.

Thanks for helping me out.

PS i am a country girl threw and threw and the big city of Houston is doing me in with all that steal ,roads ,traffic ,noise and concrete is going to do me in.

2. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    Do you have any family at home that can help with the
    animals? If so, let them take care of that so you can focus
    on you and your husband. Stay a couple of nights in the big
    city. Remember, God IS in control!

3. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Quote:No i don't,
    my parents are my only close family and they are in their late 70's plus 2 of my 6 dogs will not let anyone on this property when no one is home and i can not contain them as they are here to watch over the flocks and could easily chew out of my kennels ,they have never been tied a day in their life.

Yes god is in control and i am waiting for him to guide me threw this somehow.

Thank you

4. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Jeez! So sorry! Hmm... can you stay home and sleep or rest just one day? Can you talk to him on the phone instead? You'll get yourself into an accident if you don't get some rest. Yoghurt, pepcid complete, lots of water, and I know it seems like the whole world is falling down but it will get better. If you don't care for yourself then you'll get sick and things will really unravel. You know us women hold everything together!
    Sending good thoughts your way. [​IMG]

5. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    boy do know alot about stress induced stomach aches.
    i deal with PTSD and Bi-polar disorder not to mention a sensative stomache
    if i worry ill end up first with a stomche ache,intense cramps,then diareha if i continue to worry ill vomit and keep vomitting untill either my stomch is empty or i stop worrying.
    but ive dealing with this for years atleast once per week sometimes lasting the entier week.
    pamper yourself take a hot shower or bath with bath salts,drink somthing warm but not too heavy aroma therapy hold onto a soft piece of cloth to rub against your face listen to some comforting music ANYTHING that can comfort you for even a few minutes.

thought blocking:
    whenever you begin thinking about somthing that worries you or stresses you out block it mentally say to yourself "no im going to think about somthing else like _____" what i like to do is think about htings that are not real but make me happy "if i had a million dollars what would i buy? if i could buy a house and redecorate it how would i? if i could go on vacation anywhere where would i go and what would i do?" or sometimes ill sing a song in my head that is up beat and happy.

visulization:
    its pretty much like thought blocking except you visulize a favorite place or you can visualize if you were going to have a perfect garden how would you do it or if you had tons of money how would you redecorate your yard?

6. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    as anderson8505 stated: You must take
    care of yourself, otherwise, you are no good
    to anyone else. I pray for you and your husband.
    Remember...don't sweat the small stuff and almost
    everything is small stuff. May God bless you and
    your family.

7. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Quote:Bless your heart, i can not imagine going threw this all my life ,my life is so simple scene i retired and went full time flock raiser and Gardner perhaps there is a message here in some way from God but i don't see it.
    See i almost died of cancer 11 years ago and again 6 years again from a spider bite so i never take anything for granted and i Cherise life and all it has to give.

I did make my rounds and all my animals were so happy to see me and that gave me something else to think about for a bit but then it all started over again.

I am not concerned about my flocks safety but they free range and i feed them the minimum amount as they are all grown and do fine but i put down 400 pounds of feed and when i got home they had eaten every bit of it before i got home 3 days later.

My dogs are the ones i worry about because the chickens eat all their food and so they have to be fed at night and separate so they don't fight.

Thanks for the great tips just posting here helps.

8. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Quote:I am home right now but i could not sleep the other night when i got home, if i could come home and check on things them go right back that would be good but i would have to drive at night and i can not see well at all in the dark especially in the traffic lights and such.

I have been making my trips there and back when the traffic is not at its peak because i tend to have panic attacks in high traffic areas and when that happens i can not keep my foot still on the pedal and my hand and feet sweat so bad the slide around on the wheel and gas pedal as i wear flops because of a bad foot that does not take kindle to closed shoes well except for my muck boots [​IMG]

Yogurt is good i can eat it and am but i can't eat the other foods i need like meat and veggies and breads or cereal and this is going past the second week with the premonition that started this mess.

Thank you for your post it is very helpful [​IMG]

9. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Quote:You are 100 percent right, thats why i am here looking for ideas.

There is alot of small stuff i could be sweating but don't cause i can get past it, these things i have posted are the one things i am having trouble with.

thank you for your blessings and prayers.

10. C17

C17 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2011
    Blythewood
    fresh ginger helps tummy aches and a shot of brandy is what the German use....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by