1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP! How do I use this forum

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by chickschool, Apr 3, 2011.

1. chickschool

chickschool Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Traverse City, MI
    I am having a heck of a time figuring this out. If anyone has answers to the following questions I'd be most grateful.

-Is there a tutorial I can watch?

-If you post a question how do you know when someone answers?

-When someone gives feedback to a post is there a way to reply directly to that person? For example if I were to post a question about what kind of chick I had and someone replied by asking for more information how can you answer?

-What's a thread?

I have many more but hopefully with answers to these it will point me in the right direction.

2. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Quote:You're in the right direction! Just keep reading, learning and replying!

Have fun!! oh and [​IMG]

3. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    Quote:

4. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Wow look at how different these two answers are!

5. Arcnadius

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    Quote:You snuck yours in before I could! [​IMG] I'm still fairly new to this, but I learn a little more every time I visit.

6. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Meaning just because the answers are different doesn't mean that they are wrong. [​IMG]

7. chickschool

chickschool Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Traverse City, MI
    I don't care how different the answers are it has already helped so thank you.

8. Arcnadius

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    I didn't know PM was Private Message...Always thought it was Post Message. See! I learned another new thing today. Don't care what they say about old dogs...

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
  10. Cass

Cass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Albany, NY
    Everyone gave you correct information....albeit different.

In your profile you can add your "location"....lots of people look at a person's location before replying because what is true in CA is not necessarily true in MA. (totally different cliimates)

In the Forum's Listing of topics there is a section called "I am here, where are you?" In that section you will find threads devoted to your area or state. I found a LOT of people local to me via the "NY Chicken Lover's" thread (I think that's the title)

Every time I write a reply to someone I hit the "subscribe" button on the lower left so I get an email when someone posts to that thread. When I am no longer interested in the thread I hit the "unsubscribe" located in the same place (once you subcribe) Don't worry your email box will get swamped....they usually only send one email even if several people have replied, until you go back to the thread to read it again.

(I will hit "subscribe" to your thread in case you qoute my post asking for more info and unsubscribe when the post no longer involve me)

Have fun. The people here are WONDERFUL

oh, and [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by