1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help Hubby is going Nuts over wiring for 1202 by GQF

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by oldmopsey, Apr 17, 2009.

1. oldmopsey

oldmopsey Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    Chester, Georgia
    My husband is trying to rewire the heating unit for a `1202 incubator someone gave him. We got the wiring diagram off the GQF website but it isn't working. We put new heating elements etc from company. Help what else can he try. I feel it's something he just isn't seeing...THANKS

2. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

is he using the wiring print from gqf?

Steve in NC

3. Stephen in SoKY

Stephen in SoKY Chillin' With My Peeps

FWIW, the pilot light HAS to be in sequence. When I built mine I didn't want a pilot light. After much gnashing of teeth, I found it's absolutely required.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  4. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Tried pulling up the wiring diagram...no luck....it shouldnt be that hard....what components are there ?[​IMG]

5. oldmopsey

Apr 9, 2008
    Chester, Georgia
    He is using the wiring print from GQF... I'll have to ask him about components...Thanks

6. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Here is the wiring (love the hand written from GQF lol)

https://www.gqfmfg.com/pdf/1202 Wiring Diagram.pdf

Looks pretty straight forward.

Your 120V comes in to the two connectors
    one side goes thru the thermostats and to another connector. from that connector one wire goes to the heater, one goes to the pilot light.

The other side of the pilot light and the heating element go back to power.

The way it's wired the pilot light will be lit when the T stat is calling for heat. That way you can use that for troubleshooting without disconnecting anything. No heat and the pilot light is lit the T stat is good, no heat or pilot light the T stat is bad.

Steve in NC

7. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Quote:Nice...someone knows how to read wiring diagrams...it seems pretty straight forward from what steve said....I tried the link he gave...my puter said to save it or some word I'm not allowed to say on here....so...I trust him . Think of a t-stat as a switch....it turns on everything else . I'll quite repeating what steve said.....[​IMG]

8. oldmopsey

Apr 9, 2008
    Chester, Georgia
    Thanks all for help- I am going to get hubby to try and finally get it going..let you kniow soon I hope.

9. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Quote:If you see the lights start to flicker, unplug hubby quick. [​IMG] Just take your time and check the connections - Wish you luck

Steve in NC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by