HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!Humidity out of wack!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FluffyColor, Sep 13, 2009.

1. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    I have eggs in the incubator due 9/30.Today,I realized the water tray was almost dry,so I added a cupful of hot water.Now the bator window is fogged up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dothey have a chance?

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

They should be ok. Vent it to drop it back down a little then see where it settles.

3. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

did you know the humidity inside? they should just fine if you make the humidity lower since you haven't entered the lockdown period yet.

4. FluffyColor

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Quote:The humidity when down a bit-I opened the bator to let it out.[​IMG] I don't have a hydrometer.I've got to keep an eye on them every chance I get-I don't want it to spike again.[​IMG]

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    The hot water is what fogged the window. Steam.

I highly recommend a hygrometer- you can get them pretty cheaply at Walmart. Humidity control is one of the most important factors when incubating. The other is temperature, and there are combinations with both for around $10.00.

Good luck! [​IMG]

6. mulia24

OMG, you need to know the humidity, humidity along with temp are most important thing in incubating (and turning also).

7. FluffyColor

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    I hatched without a hydrometer before.14/18.

8. mulia24

so you must have very good air circulation and right humidity over there.

and you have been having an experience in hatching with good rate 14/18 and without any hygrometer and i think that you don't need to worry anymore about your humidity of course. [​IMG]

9. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Quote:[​IMG] yeah second that! [​IMG]

10. FluffyColor

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My humidity is stable now,so back to waiting!!!!!!!!!!!It's day 5 in an hour.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by