HELP I AM IN DIRE NEED of HELP

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by oegbantamsftw, Sep 29, 2012.

1. oegbantamsftw

oegbantamsftw Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG] OK SO EVERY THING IS FINE I GOT MY HEN TO LAY IN THE BOX MY NEPHEW HAS THE GOOD IDEA OF THROWING THE TWO EGGS,THE ONLY ONES I HAVE, AT HER AND THE ROOSTER,BOOTH PROBABLY ATE OR TASTED THE EGG DIDNT EVEN CLEAN UP SO THE SHELL AND YOLKS WERE THERE WHEN PROBABLY DEVOURED BY THE CHOOKS WHEN I SAW THE TWO EGGS WERENT THER I ASKED WERE THEY WERE ONLY TO FIND OUT THEY WERE THROWN THEN DEVOURED BY THE CHICKENS ONLY HALF AN EGG SHELL I FOUND[​IMG]
    SO ANYWAY MY CHOOKS ARE EGG BOUND SORT OF I GAVE HER AN EGG AND TRIED TO PROTECT IT AND COVER IT IN GRASS BUT THE LAST EGG SHE PUT I GAVE PUT IT THERE ON THE GRASS TO SEE IF HER MOTHERING INSTINCTING WOULD KICK IN BUT NO THE NOSY ROOSTER PECK A HOLE I WAITED A FEW MINUTES SEPARATED THEM NOW SHE ALONE INSTEAD SHE PECKS ANOTHER WHOLE I PUSH HER AWAY AND SHE TRYS TO GO AFTER IT BUT I HAVE THE EGG ALREADY[​IMG]

HOW DO I STOP THEM FROM BEING EGG BOUND AND WHERE DO I FIND IN REAL LIFE CERAMIC EGGS NOT BY INTERNET FOR THEY ARE AFRAID OF GOLF BALLS MY HEN IS PRETTY SMART AND LEAVE THE CERAMIC ALONE AND EAT HER EGGS EITHER WAY WHY WHY WORLD WHY MUST YOU BE SO CRUEL[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry this happened...but your story would have made a very funny black & white silent film. [​IMG]

If they're truly eggbound:
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-treat-egg-binding-in-chickens.html

Please understand that in NO way am I calling you a dummy. That is just the title for the articles and several books that I think everyone has seen or read at some point.

If you're wanting the ceramic eggs not online...Hobby Lobby has the unpainted (clean and plain) ceramic eggs - do you have a Hobby Lobby near you? If not, I would try calling the craft stores that you do have in your area to see if they carry them.

3. Big A Chickens

Big A Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Palmetto, Georgia
    Probably a calcium or protein deficiency ???? You can try giving them tuna and oyster shells. I have found dummy eggs at a local craft shop. ie Hobby Lobby

4. oegbantamsftw

oegbantamsftw Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2012
    She has plenty of calcium for she eats everything and lays good sized and hard shell eggs but thank you for the suggestion

5. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry. I understand your frustration but when I read this part I just think you're really funny, "EITHER WAY WHY WHY WORLD WHY MUST YOU BE SO CRUEL[​IMG]" Ha, I just chuckled out loud.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by