Help! I can't find an air sac in one of my eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kimmommy23, Feb 4, 2014.

1. kimmommy23

kimmommy23 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2014
    New Hampshire
    I am hatching for the first time and on day 14. When I candled my 2 eggs this am they were both moving around and looking good but I realised one had no air sac in it anywhere I could find! It appears the vein network is attatched all over the fat portion of the egg as well as the narrower part. Is this heard of? I heard of air sacs moving usually in shipped eggs but these were from my own hens and went straight from the coop to the Bator plus it doesn't appear detached it looks completely absent. I can't remember if I ever saw and air sac in this egg.

2. SarasNest

SarasNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2014
    NH
    Weird!?! Maybe your humidity is too high? I have never seen an egg with no air cell. I have seen them in the wrong spots... Like at the point end or on the side.

3. kimmommy23

Jan 8, 2014
    New Hampshire
    It could be the humidity I suppose but the air cell on the other egg appears normal. I am hoping someone has had this experience and can give me some advice as to what I should expect near hatch time. :confused:

4. kimmommy23

Jan 8, 2014
    New Hampshire
    Finally found the air sac...only it is quite small. Couldn't see it as my little flashlight was covering the whole thing. Grrrr I'm so worried!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by