HELP, I can't get my GQF incubator past 97.9 degrees

TJACOBS

Hatching
May 17, 2015
I have the wafer out and the light is blinking on and off. it is not getting any hotter then 97.9 degrees. I'm stuck.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm afarid I don't have experience with this incubator but I would just ask do you have a seperate thermometer that you know to be correct? It may be your incubator is running at the right temp but if you are going on the incubator thermometer that may be wrong. It is always best to double to check with a thermometer that you know to be correct. Please do drop by the incubating and hatching section of the forum I'm more than sure there are other hatchers that have your make and model of incubator. Here is the link > https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-amp-hatching-eggs

Wishing you the very best of luck, I hope you are able to get your bator to the correct temp.
Enjoy BYC :frow

I don't incubate either, so please follow Michael's link. I think folks have said the reptile hygrometers (temp & humidity) at petshops have been much more reliable. There are also ways to calibrate thermometers but, that's something you could put in the search box and articles should pop up.

Good morning!
frow.gif
Welcome to BYC!

I hope the link @Yorkshire coop gave you is helpful. I've never incubated eggs before but it always sounds so exciting. What breed of eggs are you hatching?

Good luck to you and keep us posted on how it's going for you.

Back
Top Bottom