HELP! I caught the chicken-fever!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cookiesdaddy, Apr 15, 2007.

1. cookiesdaddy

cookiesdaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    California Bay Area
    Hi, my name is CookiesDaddy, and I am an addict.

2 weeks ago, I took my two children, 11 and 9, to a feed store to buy a couple of chicks for them. We ended up with 4, one for each member of my family. Mine is a Black Sex Link, which I named "Cookie".

Since then, my life has not been the same. I'm crazy about Cookie and Muffin (nick named Pasty Butt) and Caramel and Butterscotch. I am tempted to get two more (to a maximum number of 6 hens allowed by my city). I became addicted to the BYC forum. I spend too much time with the chicks and cannot get anything done during the day. At night I cannot stop thinking about how to build the coop and run for them. I have learned a lot from this site but still have some questions, which I will post soon. But the biggest question is this: Does this obsession have an end? Do I have any hope? Will I be able to recover from this addiction? How?

And ... am I bringing up these questions to a wrong group of people??? :eek:

1 person likes this.
  2. pegbo

pegbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    :rolleyes:Nope, nope, and nope. You now have a life long addiction. And they still don't have a CAA support group so you're on your own!!!![​IMG] You will be less stressed, happier, and generally fulfilled! It doesn't get any better then this!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Redneckchick

Redneckchick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2007
    Coldwater , Ms
    Admitting your an addict is the first step...then I think you are supposed to go buy the Maximum that you can legally raise in your city...then you start buying more and raising Illegal Chickens....ROFL.. THERE IS NO CURE !!!! Have fun and good luck

4. jmofaustin

jmofaustin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Or you get so addicted that you sell your house to live just outside the city limits so you can have 50, 75, or maybe 100 more chickens [​IMG]

5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

So you caught chicken fever.... Psssshh... Don't come looking over here for help!! [​IMG]
    We're ENABLERS! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  6. Juliechickens

Juliechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Gee,,,,I wish my hubby felt like you!!!! I have the exact same thing going on with me!!! I am totally addicted to this site and my babies. I absolutely am loving being a mommy to my chickens. I have picked out the plans for my hubby to build a nice coop and he has agreed to do it. I just wish he would share the same excitement as I have for my chickens. He just doens't get it! Oh well,,,,I'm totally experiencing the same feelings as YOU!
    Good luck and enjoy your babies! The feathered ones too!
    Julie [​IMG]

7. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Just roll with it! Resistance is futile... [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYCE Backyard Chicken Enablers [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    This is the wrong place to come for a cure. Addicted...and proud of it. My dh is not, but he didn't like cats or coffee when I met him either. Now if a cat isn't in the same room with him, he has to see where they are.[​IMG]. I'm hoping he comes around. I just got the fouth pullet yesterday (Dad and the big boy are out camping) and this one is mine to name so Shiner Bok she is.

Karen

9. farmgirl2477

farmgirl2477 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo, FL
    I think you need a couple more peepers!! [​IMG] Congrats on your new little babies! Enjoy them!

Shannon

Oh, and ya.....you looking to the wrong group for help [​IMG]

10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

The BEST thing I have found for a " fever" is.....BABY CHICKS!!! GO....HURRY....to the closest place you can get them, and buy buy buy!!! [​IMG] Oh my....guess this is not good...we ARE enablers arent we!?? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by