Help i.d. "mystery" chick from MMM- mutt (or bad version of hamburg)?

playingchicken

Songster
11 Years
Jun 13, 2008
smile.png
I hope some of you nice folks can help. I have one chicken right now (and 8 Golden Penciled Hamburg eggs in a Little Giant incubator) and he/she has me confused.
I sent a pic to MMM and they said Golden Penciled Hamburg, but now the feathers are coming in on the head very dark and the penciling (is that what it is called?) is broken with solid orange feathers.

This is the latest picture taken yesterday at 6 weeks old.
IMG_0682.jpg

Last edited:
sorry to break it to but that is no she EE at 6 weeks saddle feathers and tail feathers and comb all point to a little boy
sad.png

Really? I had no point of reference for comb development since he (we had been calling him Alvin because he looked like a chipmunk) was shipped with 25 Cuckoo Marans (which my dad has) and their comb development was much more prominent. He was scheduled for slaughter and we took him home. He is friendly right now-my boys just love him...(fingers crossed that he stays that way...because if not dad may be getting him back for a stew bird.
sad.png
)

Yea I was thinking kind of looks more like a roo, and yea it looks very much like my EE from Murray McMurray.

Well, darn. I really was hoping it was an ugly hamburg. It does appear to have those little muffs on the side of its head though.
Thanks for all of your help though.

Back
Top Bottom