Help I don't know what kind of ducks are only white and i have 2

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by can you hear me now?, Nov 16, 2009.

1. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Sorry i know people are gonna laugh but i have never raised any ducks at all and now i have 2 that will be all white. The thing is I don't know what kind they are. Are there many all white breeds or is this a single breed? I got 12 eggs a little over 3 weeks ago and 2 of them where bigger and whitish, we thought they may be duck eggs but they were laid in the same spot as her chickens so we werent sure if they were just a bigger egg layer or ducks. Now i have two ducklings and know nothing about them or thier breed anything that can be offered would be appreciated.[​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I think pictures are required.

3. You usually can tell if they are duck eggs if the shell is a lot thicker and harder to open than chicken eggs.

4. can you hear me now?

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Lol I don't have pictures of the parents, but I do know they are just plain white ducks and the hatchlings are yellow at the moment, but they are newly hatched. What I was saying about them hatching was that they were supposed to be chickens and we got surprised. My dear wife is thrilled we have them, she is going to set them up with their own pond and all this spring.

5. geosheets

geosheets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Ohio
    If the parents were large, solid white, bright orange bills and feet... I would guess Pekin ducks. Pics of the ducklings may help. Welcome to the wonderful world of ducks. They are very entertaining and you will quickly be hooked for life.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  6. can you hear me now?

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Of that I am almost sure for being hooked. Funny thing was I wanted to buy some last year and the wife is the person that said no to me. Now we have two and she is telling me that they are her ducks. Funny when the situation changes and the answer changes as well. I do know that when we build their run and pond, we are going to make sure it is big enough to house more. My dear wife loves to overdo things and will definitely want more now that she has some. She was so hoping these would be colorful ducks. I do thank you for the answer and I don't have pics yet but I will and when I get them I will post them. Am almost positive they are pekin ducks though.

7. classroomducks

classroomducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Do they look like this?

[​IMG]

Thats a pekin duck about about 4 days old.

8. Shadowhills Farm

Shadowhills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    Probably a Pekin Duck....we have 2 (1 male and 1 female)

The duck in this pic is a drake.
    [​IMG]

9. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    is it pure breed to be white or a different breedwhere the duckling turned out to be white?

If its the breed then it could be a Pekin or even a white call duck.

If its just a duckling that didnt come from a solid white breed it could be alot of things. Scovies being one of them

10. can you hear me now?

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    thanks all i see that it looks just like the picture in that previous post. It is a pure breed that much I do know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by