HELP! I dont know what to do! -- He's ok!! Pics post#6

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rainstorm, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    The baby duck who hatched early the other day died, but now another one has hatched and has this goo stuff hanging from the yolk area! it doesnt look yellow like the regular yolk, dark colored/ like a dirty Goo, its just hanging there and he's trying to get up but walks on it! idk what to do. hes really active, I've heard of bandaging, but how? the goo looks to be to be able to hold in a bandage. Please help. any advice!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  2. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Can you post a picture?

3. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Was going to, but he started to get weak and just lay there not moving, I didnt think he was gonna make it so I covered the bator and went to bed, Got up this morning hearing No chirping whatsoever, walked over to the bator to take him out, uncovered the top and through the glass a lil fluffy head pops up and starts chirping at me! LOL he pulled most of the goo off, now theres only a drop against his bum so he can get up and walk, doesnt seem to have hurt him, he's REALLY energetic, still looks wet some so he's still sitting in there cursing me in duck langauge because he can hear me type but cant see me, Definetly gonna be one spoiled duck because I dont have much hope for the other eggs with the bad temp spikes I get from this stupid wheather

Post pictures once he's dry and out

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    lol....can't wait to see him! I was gonna say it might be that poopy stuff that's left in the egg after they hatch. It's kind of yellowish looking.

5. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    yes thats what it looked like, had bits of white, and black in it, it also had blood spots in it to so thats what really made me worry

6. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by