1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help! I dun goofed!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lozerface79, Apr 5, 2016.

1. lozerface79

lozerface79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2016
    Alaska
    So I recently hatched chicks (they'll be about 2 weeks tomorrow) and I didnt expect them to eat as much as they do and, well, we have only enough food for today and we ordered more but it aint in yet. What can i feed them?

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    What did you order? You can go to your local feed store and buy multi flock unmedicated starter, or chick starter which will most likely be medicated. That will get you by until your preferred brand comes in.

3. lozerface79

lozerface79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2016
    Alaska
    The problem is, and i should have mentioned this in the original post, is that i live in a very small town. We dont have a feed store unfortunately :( We have to order everything online..

4. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Scrambled/hard boiled eggs, cooked oats, yogurt, soft fruits and veggies, meat scraps. There are lots of things you can feed them until their starter arrives, be sure to provide them with grit if they don't already have access :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by