HElP! I feel like my chick might die

Apr 22, 2019
Help I have a chick that is close to two months. He keeps on opening
And closing His mouth and it looks like he’s panting. He is also very skinny and all of a sudden on Friday we found him in the brooder on the floor with the other chicks on top. I need help. He can’t stand or eat or drink in its own

Help I have a chick that is close to two months. He keeps on opening
And closing His mouth and it looks like he’s panting. He is also very skinny and all of a sudden on Friday we found him in the brooder on the floor with the other chicks on top. I need help. He can’t stand or eat or drink in its own

What your seeing is fluid overload. Call vet and see if they can give you some lasix or find someone who may have some, someone with heart issues and you can take distilled water and about 2 1/2 mg -5 mg dissolved in distilled water and stick it underneath baseline of neck between skin and at or near shoulders. Diuretic probably what u will have to use but you should see an improvement. If still doing it next day, donit same way one more time. Labored breathing and gasping should get better.
If not, then you have a bigger issue in respiratory. Im a nurse so I cross over a lot, but I do this if I see this and it helps everytime. I place under skin at shoulders because she may have some fluid overload around heart or abdomen and it will go right to it. I usually mix 1 ml of water with a tiny piece of diuretic... maybe a 3rd. Lasix would be much better. I often use diabetic needle and syringe to give after mixing all in a bowl, using a regular syringe first.

This may be too risky for you so if you have an avian vet that would help but they are far and few between. Good luck, saying a prayer.

What your seeing is fluid overload. Call vet and see if they can give you some lasix or find someone who may have some, someone with heart issues and you can take distilled water and about 2 1/2 mg -5 mg dissolved in distilled water and stick it underneath baseline of neck between skin and at or near shoulders. Diuretic probably what u will have to use but you should see an improvement. If still doing it next day, donit same way one more time. Labored breathing and gasping should get better.
If not, then you have a bigger issue in respiratory. Im a nurse so I cross over a lot, but I do this if I see this and it helps everytime. I place under skin at shoulders because she may have some fluid overload around heart or abdomen and it will go right to it. I usually mix 1 ml of water with a tiny piece of diuretic... maybe a 3rd. Lasix would be much better. I often use diabetic needle and syringe to give after mixing all in a bowl, using a regular syringe first.

This may be too risky for you so if you have an avian vet that would help but they are far and few between. Good luck, saying a prayer.
Thank you I’ll try it I don’t where I’ll get that though

We cant give advice unless we know whats wrong, and we cant without more information.
For the time being i would suggest getting some nutri-drench at the local feed store and trying to give that to her.

Back
Top Bottom