help, I found my duck on his back, very weak, will not drink or eat!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cat1994, Jan 1, 2011.

1. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    I went out to care for my ducks and found one of my male call ducks on his back. He was trying to trun over right side up, but could not. I took him inside and gave him water and food, but he will not eat or drink. He can stand, but he is very wobbly. About 3 days befor this, he had a crusty eye. I got medicine and it went away, so I put him back outside. Could they be connected? I just don't know what to do! He seemed was better, but now I just don't know! Can anyone help?!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    what was the med you gave him and did you continue with treatments after putting him back outside? You probably need to keep him in till you see a significant improvement and to keep him from spreading it to the rest of the flock....This is a very good site with information that might help. shagbarkbantams.com

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  3. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Well my lil call duck just died in my arms [​IMG] We are pretty sure he had some sort of inflammation of the brain. [​IMG] He had some violent seizures, and then he died [​IMG] I just wise I could of done something [​IMG]

4. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Oh, I'm sorry. [​IMG]

5. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

So Sorry

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Sorry for your loss..[​IMG]