HELP i have a pipping and zipping question!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickiebabyfluff, May 15, 2011.

1. Chickiebabyfluff

Chickiebabyfluff Yappette in Training

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    I have 2 tht have pipped and not yet zipped well the 2 babies tht are in there with them have been pecking and climbing all over these two and have knocked some of the shell off making the pip bigger but they have not yet poked through the membrane but i see tht the the layer under the shell is like paper its white....do i need to go in there and help these guys out or just leave them alone? they both pipped last nite some time it was like tht when i got up this morning...i dunno it just looks dry they are peeping and moving around in the membrane just haven't poked through should i put a lil hole in the membrane so he can breathe? tht other one has pipped through and there is a hole there but the other one hasn't

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  2. itsjessme

itsjessme Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    Bealeton, VA
    I had one yesterday that was like that but he wasn't zipping because he was on the wrong side of the egg, however it had been over 12 hours since he had piped and looked like he was dying out too. I ended up very caefully helping him out, watching for veins and such i got the top half of the shell untill he could pop his upper body out and then let him kick the bottom off when he was ready and now he is doing great! This was my first hatch and i don't know a lot but i think if it has been a while and they seem to be drying out you may need to help.....again im not sure just my opinion, i would wait for someone else to come along who has a little more experiance though. Good luck!

3. Chickiebabyfluff

Chickiebabyfluff Yappette in Training

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Quote:kk ty for responding !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by