Help,I have a tiptoeing chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by CherishHolland, Jul 31, 2013.

1. CherishHolland

CherishHolland Songster

Apr 16, 2013
    Canyon Texas
    I have a phoenix pullet that is 3 months old and just recently she started tiptoe walking,from researching on here and other forums I read she might have a vitamin deficiency, I started her on some poly-vi-sol and yogurt. Is this a good route to take? She walks on her tiptoes using her wings as leverage it just started yesterday. So I have been giving poly and yogurt any other suggestions?

2. CherishHolland

CherishHolland Songster

Apr 16, 2013
    Canyon Texas
    Never Mind she passed away this evening,guess I caught it too late I was away on a family trip and the chicken sitter (my dad) didn't say anything about her looking ill and yes he knows what to look for grew up on a farm and also we had them when I was growing up. Her symptoms all led me to it being a vitamin deficiency or so I thought it could have been a number of things. I feel as if I should not go out of town again this is the second time something has happened to one of my flock members last time it was an attack that led to a case of wry neck and now this,haha,

3. chooks4life

chooks4life Crowing

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    Sorry I don't have a suggestion for you. Stuff always happens, doesn't matter if you're in town or not... Sorry for your loss, I know it feels better if you were there to try to do something even if it wouldn't help... Best wishes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: