help! I have a toothache UPDATE

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickabator, May 9, 2009.

1. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    I have a bad tooth and it is now abcessed and is killing me, does anyone know of a home remedy to get rid of the pain. I can't get it pulled again no insurance and lack of funds. I am in agony so please if any info I would appreciate it drastically. went to dr. they put me on the same antibiotics I already had at home just stronger, along with the abcess tooth I ended up with a huge boil somewhere else. dr. said my whole body had infection running through it. It showed up in my blood so now I am on very strong antibiotics and have to go back to dr. next week to make sure boil is still draining.

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  2. Peeper7

Peeper7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    Ya gotta treat the infection somehow. If it is open and draining in your mouth start rinsing with warm salt water. If it's all sealed up, you'll need an antibiotic.

3. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I rinse my mouth with peroxide, works great, or rub voka on my gums, enough voka, you'll forget about your toothache, heheheh.

4. Peeper7

Peeper7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    good advice on all counts!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Clove Oil. And get to a dentist.

6. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

frequent salt and warm water rinses....do it - now.
    :)

it WILL work. usually within minutes. like a teaspoon of salt in a coffee mug of warm water. swish through with mouth closed - with force, to get into area as deeply as possible.

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  7. buckeye lady

buckeye lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Rootstown Ohio
    If you have a Primary care Dr or Dentist call them. They can call meds into your pharmacy and start treating the infection and give you something for the pain.

8. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    I have clove oil and I have peroxide dentist here charge way too much 90.00 a tooth and that is not including the office visit last time I went it was 155.00 just to have a tooth pulled. I have some bactrum antibiotics do you think they will help? oh I don't drink vodka and neither does anyone in my house drink alcoholic beveregs but thanks anyway.

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  9. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

try the salt water first...you might not need antibiotics

10. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    I tried the salt water and can't handle it it hurts too bad on the tooth. so I took an antibiotic pill

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by