Help! I have an aggressive male peking!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Dennieleigh, May 5, 2016.

1. Dennieleigh

Dennieleigh Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    I have two peking ducks that I have been raising since last spring. He has a female mate and now I also am raising two baby khaki Campbell's which are both female. Recently, he has become super aggressive sexually with all of them. As of this morning, one of my khakis has passed away and the other is too scared to come out and completely hides. What should I do? Please help!

2. dotknott

dotknott Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    Rhode Island
    My Coop
    If you can separate the male, I suggest you do so. Keep him within eye sight, but out of physical contact. His hormones are RAGING but it should pass. The young ladies are likely too small to be breeding with a full size male (as you unfortunately have discovered) and he is full of vigor right now and likely can't be stopped with out a physical barrier.

Remember, this is his first spring and he's a teenager driven entirely by his hormones. Ducks will mount just about anything with feathers, and sometimes feathers are optional.

1 person likes this.
  3. Dennieleigh

Dennieleigh Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    Thank you! I wanna expand their pen and am going to look for a dog pen to separate hI'm for now. I was devestated when I found my one khaki dead this morning! This can't keep happening!

4. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    I agree with the statement made by dotknott, you need to separate him, also for future reference, don't put younger/baby ducks in with older ones until they are large enough to fight for themselves.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by