Help i have been searching for hours

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Yellowbhyrd, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Yellowbhyrd

Yellowbhyrd New Egg

Mar 15, 2013
    My wife and I just got this chick about a month maybe. My wife is becoming rally attached but as te bird grows im more and more unsure if it is a hen or rooster. In our area we are unable to keep roosters... I bought her from some mexicans at the flea market. I asked is it a hen or rooster he said when you deal with chickens as long as i have you can just tell. My mexican lie detector went off in my head but i ignored it please help THEESE ARE REALLY LARGE IMAGES SO YOU CAN SEE SOME DETAIL
    ![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Okay, approximately 4 weeks old. Just going off of lack of comb/wattles and no color in the face yet, I would say female. But that's just my guess.

3. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Oh, you could post a picture of her standing all by herself. Females tend to have a less upright stance than males.

4. Yellowbhyrd

Yellowbhyrd New Egg

Mar 15, 2013
    Sometimes yellow stands tall like a bean stock most of the time shes doing something different. i think mopre like 5-7 weeks old she wasn't an egglet when i got her any idea on breed?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    I think it has the relaxed posture of a pullet. I wouldn't even know where to begin with guessing the mix. I bet she had some purebred great-great-great-great grandparents ;)

6. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    I think mixed breed pullet. Rose comb and yellow legs could mean wyandotte somewhere.

7. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Definitley looks like a pullet to me. As far as breed? Who knows other then mixed. It's even a little feather legged.

8. Yellowbhyrd

Yellowbhyrd New Egg

Mar 15, 2013
    Any more people think its also a pullet. Anyone thinks its a rooster? Any replies are welcome Thank you everyone!

9. SD Bird Lady

SD Bird Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

I think pullet. By 4-5 weeks most of the boys are starting to get pink combs. Congrats!!

10. Nigellas

Nigellas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Quote: [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by