Help, I have Cuckoo Maran, Barred Rock, and Dominique chicks, and I need to identify and separate th

KatieWayne

Hatching
Feb 2, 2015
Hi,
I just joined, and am the new owner of 14 chicks. We split an order with a friend, and now realize that we have three breeds that are pretty similar. I have been reading about leg color and combs. The dominiques and marans are mine, and the barred rocks are our friend's. He would like to take his chicks home in the next week or so, and we hope to correctly identify them all.

Mainly, we want to make sure that he gets his barred rocks. Any advice??? Thanks.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! X3 on post good pictures of them in the What Breed/Gender forum, as you said heads/combs and feet should help tell them apart. The BR and Doms have different combs (single and rose), and the Marans should have white/pink on their legs, the other two yellow.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. X2 on the identifying characteristics that Kelsie2290 mentioned. Definitely post pics on our What Breed or Gender is This? link that Mountain Peeps left with you, and let our experts there take a look at them for you. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello from Louisiana. Glad you joined the group
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom