HELP! I have lost 3 chicks and i have another on going

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ShortCircuitRanch2332, Apr 1, 2011.

1. ShortCircuitRanch2332

ShortCircuitRanch2332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    they are a week old they have been eating fine and then all of a sudden its like they get really tired and start falling asleep standing up they get to were they wont eat and they get weak very rapidly and then they die within 24 hours WHAT IS CAUSING THIS? I've tried sugar water, water with the sav-a-chick in it and im getting poly-visol tonight no matter what i do they die and idk what to do this is horribly ridiculous PLEASE HELP I'M SO FRUSTRATED I'M YANKING HAIR OUT I've checked heat and cold in there there is fresh food and water i cant figure it out and its all the chicks from the same store none of my other chicks are dieing from anywhere else

2. macadam8157

macadam8157 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    NC, Raleigh
    Hi I'm sorry for your losses. No clue as to why. [​IMG] Just a suggestion, repost this in the emergency forum page. You should get a helpful response faster!!! Hope someone helps!

3. nobodyherebutuschickens

nobodyherebutuschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2010
    Erie, Colorado
    Maybe they're really exhausted and not sleeping enough? Would it help if it were dark?

4. ShortCircuitRanch2332

ShortCircuitRanch2332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    The light is off at night all night cept there heating lampwhich is a black light so its not bright at all and I check them constantly at night since the first one died, they all are asleep when i go in there

5. alcap

alcap Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Wish I could help [​IMG]

6. TouchO'Lass

TouchO'Lass Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Oroville, Wa
    Any chance they're pasting over? So sorry this is happening to your chicks...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by