1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

help! I have one sick baby!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tiffrosef, Jul 31, 2014.

1. tiffrosef

tiffrosef Chirping

Jun 17, 2014
    . One of my sebright chicks is really rough. Came home yesterday and she was lethargic. I fed her honey water and she perked up and ate and seemed fine. Came home today and she can hardly stand or walk. She sort of teeters and lays down whenever i try to stand her up. I fed her more honey water by force, she wouldnt drink this time but it didnt help. I havent seen her even try to eat since i got home three hours ago

2. Big yellow

Big yellow In the Brooder

Apr 24, 2014
    Keep feeding her honey water, and add a little sugar to make it a bit stronger. She may be suffering from shiping stress.
    Get some save a chick electrolytes, or whatever brand you want, and mix it in with the water. Then, I would try to get some yogurt and feed it to her through an eye dropper.

3. tiffrosef

tiffrosef Chirping

Jun 17, 2014
    Sweet baby died last night :( I tried the yogurt but she just didn't make it.

4. Big yellow

Big yellow In the Brooder

Apr 24, 2014
    Aww, i'm so sorry. I wish I woulda known more to help her. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: