HELP!!! I have pipping & chirping Way Too Early

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by babyboy1_mom, Apr 18, 2008.

1. babyboy1_mom

babyboy1_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    I just went and turned my 9 runner eggs for the last time, before leaving them alone to hatch. I heard a little chirp. I thought that it was my imagination at first, but when I turned one egg, then I felt the pip.

I know that ducks need more humidity to hatch, but I just filled the water other water container up. What are the effects of hatching too early? They are not due to hatch until Sunday. My temp. has been good throughout the entire incubation. What would make them hatch so early?

Yes, I am very excited, but I am also worried.

2. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    I just had a ee hatch out in the turner. Tomorow is day 18. Not much we can do but get ready for them.

3. babyboy1_mom

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    LOL!!! I just replied to your post also.

4. babyboy1_mom

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    Well, no duckies out yet. Lots of chirping, pipping and rocking.

Patience! Patience! Patience! I feel like I am waiting for someone to give birth. I guess that I am, my incubator. lol

Will keep you all updated.

Dorothy

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

What day are you on?

6. babyboy1_mom

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    Katy

Today is day 26, but they started last night. I now have 2 babies out and at least 4 of the remaining 7 have pipped.

[​IMG]

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Call ducks hatch about day 26, so maybe runners are the same deal. Congrats on the babies....ducklings are so cute!

8. hiddenmagnolia

hiddenmagnolia Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Are things still going good with the runners' hatch?

9. babyboy1_mom

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    hiddenmagnolia - Sorry for the late reply. Been at the E.R. all evening and night.

Yes, the hatch is still going good. Still only have 3 hatched, but 2 more have good pips, 1 has a small pip & do not know about the other 3 eggs. I cannot see if they have a pip yet or not. They still have time, hatch day is Sunday (suppose to be anyway. lol)

Will keep all posted.

Dorothy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by