HELP I just got a GQF Cabinet.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by josh, Jan 30, 2011.

1. josh

josh Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    I just got this thing. It has a waffer therm and a electronic one. It kicks on a 99 and off at 103 by the therm. on the side of the incubator. I have one inside on the bottom and it is reading 100 it is digital. Dose this sound good?

2. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

Although I don't have one of thse incubators and have never worked with one.....
    from what I have read, the electronic one controls your temp (at 100 F) and the wafer-type is a "fail-safe" which is set at the 103 F. You can find much more info on GQF's website.

IF your digital thermometer is reading 100F...I would say that you are "right-on". You should get a humidistat (humidity gauge) to show your humidity %.

Hope this helps a little bit.

-Junkmanme- [​IMG]

3. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    OH, I am just jealous, good luck. [​IMG]

4. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Go to the GQF WEBSITE

YOU WILL FIND THE OWNERS MANUAL THERE

5. josh

Mar 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    Thanks guys. I'm gona leave the temp setting where it is. This is a 1266 I think. It dosen't have a hatcher in the bottom. I want to make it where it will have a hatcher in the bottom. Has anyone done this?

6. josh

Mar 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    I moved the racks up and it worked. Now I need a hatching tray.

7. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

A hatching tray should be very easy to build using "light-weight" wood.

8. naychicks

naychicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Quote:I have one of those too and was thinking of doing the same thing... Can you please tell me exacly how you did it? I was measuring yesterday and it seems that when the trays turn the top tray only has about 1 - 2 inches clearence from the top... does that matter?
    Also, what did you use to cover the screw holes?

Thanks.

9. josh

Mar 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    Quote:I have one of those too and was thinking of doing the same thing... Can you please tell me exacly how you did it? I was measuring yesterday and it seems that when the trays turn the top tray only has about 1 - 2 inches clearence from the top... does that matter?
    Also, what did you use to cover the screw holes?

Thanks.

You don't move the top tray. You just move the 2 bottom ones. I didn't cover the holes, just left them open I don't think those little holes will hurt. I will get the measurements.

10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I have a Sportsman 1502, & with my electronic thermostat working the system, it holds a steady 99.5. No temperature fluxuation what so ever. With that much fluxuation in yours, I'm wondering if it's being controlled by the wafer thermostat. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by