Help, I lost one of my peepers, in the house somewhere.

goodheart101

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
Help does anyone have any suggestions on how I can find my Button Quail, one got out of the cage and I think she is spooked and I can not find her. I have been searching for over 7 hours now. How long can they go without food and water? Will she come out on her own? I have 8 cages of buttons, and so it is very hard to hear if she is making any noise. I did spot her once but by the time I go there she was gone. But I think it was because another one got loose and spooked her again. As I am cleaning cages. I have looked EVERYWHERE I can think of, under everything, with flashlights, every room high and low, moved almost everything, no sign of her. Any ideas? I didn't hear her take flight after I spotted her, I moved and searched but nothing.
barnie.gif

Thank you..do you think she would come out for food and water? I put a dish on the floor, and I will know if she eats, if I find poop spots on my white carpet. I will have to teacher her how to steam clean a rug....

I was trying to stay light hearted, but I am now starting to become really worried, it now has been 12 hours since I seen her and she hasn't touched the food, would she stay somewhere hidden and just die without looking for food?

I know I've had them get loose in the house before and for me at least they either went HIGH or low. On top of a curtain rod or under the couch or other chair where it was dark.

Good luck, I hope you find it,
David

Back
Top Bottom