HELP I might not keep my eggs!

qnzchoe7

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 9, 2008
I was wondering, if I have about 10 chickens (hens) in my roof, will it walk up neighbors? It's very suburb kind of place or urban. Secondly I live in Palisades Park NJ 07650 and I don't even know if I can keep my chickens
sad.png
can someone find out for me!?!? I don't know what website to go to...... can someone look it up for me on google.com?

I live in the US. New Jersey and in Bergen County. Can you give a call
sad.png
I'm only 15 and I do not what to ask.
sad.png

LOL

Give a call from an anonymous source to the animal control. I'd suggest a pay phone. No sense being caught for something that may be against "the rules" even if its not a big deal. Give them a postal code or the name of a neighbouring street and ask if a person is allowed to keep chickens and live at this address. Better yet, go to the library or town hall and ask to see a copy of rules regarding keeping animals in the city. The rules would cover everything including dogs, cats, horses, chickens, etc.

Chickens don't make noise at a time of day to wake up anybody (who doesn't work night shifts). That is assuming that the chickens make enough noise for anyone to notice at any time. Roosters make the big noise. The only other complaint people could have is about smell.

If the rules do say "no chickens" see that it also covers other easy to keep birds including quail. Quail are cage birds and are just as endearing as chickens for being tame, personality, and laying eggs. It just takes 15 quail eggs for an omelet. Coturnix quail eggs hatch fast (i forget if it 14 or 16 days) and they are mature and start laying at 6 WEEKS of age. You just have to build a bunch of cages that can be kept in a basement or garage or shed.

Also dont' be surprised that the people who enforce the rules may not even know what the rules are.

Back
Top Bottom