1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Help! I need some young female RIRs!!! MI, N. Ohio

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by psimek, Aug 13, 2007.

1. psimek

psimek Songster

Jul 15, 2007
    We raised 4 RIR from eggs in April. We are raising them at school so that we can donate the eggs to a soup kitchen. However, one of the RIRs just crowed today, and he was the one I thought was a hen!! I think I have 2 more roosters! I would love to "replace" these guys before the children come back to school. When the children left, they were just chicks. So they wouldn't know the difference if I pulled the old switcharooni. But, I only have 2 weeks to find replacements.

2. Keleka

Keleka Songster

Mar 8, 2007
    West Bloomfield
    Where are you at? I know someone that has many RIR's and Isa Browns that are laying hens. Do they need to be younger?

3. psimek

psimek Songster

Jul 15, 2007
    I am in Southeast MI, (Dearborn), but I am willing to drive a little. Thanks for asking!

4. greenacre

greenacre Songster

Jun 30, 2007
    South Eastern Michigan
    Is it safe to assume that you already checked out/put an ad in Craig's List? [​IMG]

5. Keleka

Keleka Songster

Mar 8, 2007
    West Bloomfield
    I live by Flint, but work in Auburn Hills. I could see how young they are, and if you are willing to meet somewhere I'd be willing to help out. Let me know.

Derek

6. psimek

psimek Songster

Jul 15, 2007
    Hi! Nah, I didn't put an ad in Craigslist, thought I'd try my buddies here, first.
    Derek, I am willing to drive to wherever you are!!

7. Cheeks

Cheeks Songster

May 10, 2007
    Ohio
    oooh. found you!

im glad i could help!

8. Cheeks

Cheeks Songster

May 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  9. psimek

psimek Songster

Jul 15, 2007
    OMG! What a story! I can't believe the hawk took her out of your lap!
    I always try to tie science into the curriculum in other ways, like writing. What a great story to tell them & have them add to.
    If my Hillary, the Cornish X lives [​IMG] long enough, they'll also be able to write "why did the chicken cross the road?" because she was rescued in the middle of I-75 as a chick!
    Why do I get the feeling that this is going to be a very interesting year?

10. greenacre

greenacre Songster

Jun 30, 2007
    South Eastern Michigan
    I am soooo glad you were able to find some birds for the kids. Hope all goes well with the additions to your chick family!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: